This recipe comes from the Sunday New York Times. I’ve altered it for use in a B&B environment. This will make about 8-10 pancakes. Cooking time is about 4 minutes. Master Recipe Beat Together:
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons flour
The result is more liquid than the normal pancake mix. Cook in a thin layer of olive oil. Make the pancake about 3 inches in diameter and cook in a skillet at medium temperature. Turn over the pancake once. Savory Components: Add this to the master recipe, just before cooking. Here are 2 savory options.
- Pear and Blue Cheese
- 1/3 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup of diced pear. I prefer firm Anjou pears
- Garnish with a small shot of Balsamic vinegar
- Spinach and Manchego Cheese (Spanish cheese like a Roma)1/3 cup of Manchego Cheese
- 2/3 cup of chopped up fresh spinach (I usually take a handful and dice it up)
- Add a little curry powder to the mix to enhance the flavors
I serve a small portion of asparagus and/or bacon with the pancakes to fill out the plate.